Thursday, January 31, 2019

Happy 2019!

No resolutions, no lists of goals, no “word of the year”, no “I’ll do this” or “I’ll do that”. I’ll just do what I can when I can! My life is full, busy and very blessed! Hope all is the same for each of you!

As always I’ve been stitching, if not at the machine, or with a needle and thimble in my hands, in my thoughts and dreams!! It seems I have several projects going with many in my mind! But...I did accomplish a couple finishes this month! 

I LOVE decorative storage boxes, and wanted a couple for my small table by my rocker in our sitting area in the master suite. I needed something to store my engagement calendar, daily devotional, bible and pens and pencils. I couldn’t resist purchasing the three box set. The large one sits under the table holding hand projects (currently socks that need darning!)  After seeing a small Trip Around the World quilt on Instagram, I decided to make one which coordinated with the boxes. I rummaged through my stash and got it all stitched in short order. I’ve always loved the floral fabric I chose for the backing and was pleased to use it for this project!






Joyful Announcement! Grandbaby #8 is due in May! We are so excited! We found out in November and celebrated! Then...I blurted out...”I’ve got another baby quilt to make!” (I had just finished GB #7’s quilt a few months prior, but only 4 months late!) I’m pleased to report, that this project is started! But no photos yet, as the grandbaby quilts are kept a secret for the expecting parents!

Dear friends are expecting their first grandbaby, and is due the same day as our new one! I wanted to make a quilt for their sweet new granddaughter on the way. Pilfered through my stash and Mikkie’s stash and put together a quilt pattern I’d seen on Pinterest. I did purchase the backing and couldn’t resist being “traditional” and picking a sweet baby girl pink polka dot! I even have the label attached!






Well, until next time...










3 comments:

  1. I love your little Trip Around The World. Looks beautiful with those lovely storage boxes. I am always thrilled when function and beauty meet!
    Congrats on the new grandbaby on the way!!
    The quilt for your friends new grand is so sweet and fresh looking. I have seen that pattern called by many different names, but whatever you call it, I think it is a winning design.
    So good to hear from you, Doniene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. We have just had a very difficult 6 weeks in the UK caring for my FIL. Only got home last night and happy to be here. Take care and all the best for 2019. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to visit you in your busy little place. I love that beautiful little corner you have set up, Doniene. The Trip around the World quilt is beautiful and looks perfect there. The baby quilt you stitched for your friend's first grand baby is sweet. How pretty it is with those sweet colours and patterns. Congratulations! Another grand baby....you are indeed blessed♥

    ReplyDelete