Friday, October 12, 2018

A Couple Summer Finishes

Several years ago, a blogger friend from the Netherlands sent me some Dutch fabrics and I put together a little doll quilt top. Finally, I got it quilted this past summer and it now adorns the door to my sewing room. Not fancy quilting,  but I did have fun with the tulip border.




Our seventh grand was born April 4, 2018, and I finally finished his baby/ toddler quilt in August! Mandie’s nursery theme is woodland animals/ outdoorsy, so I decided to make a sampler of different quilt blocks that depict that theme. My focal fabric was a woodland scene and then I went through my stash and chose the solid fabrics to make the blocks - turkey tracks, flying geese, North Star, fox and geese, duck tracks, bear paw, pine tree, log cabin, birds in flight, darting birds, maple leaf, swallow, hovering birds, Big Dipper, and some patch blocks to finish up.


My oldest daughter had the perfect backing fabric in her stash, which she willingly let me use! And for the grands - their baby quilt is hand quilted!!


Hope this finds each of you well. 

Praying for all those affected by the adverse weather!

Blessings and hugs!







2 comments:

  1. One is always assured of gazing upon beautiful quilts when one visits your lovely place, Doniene. The doll quilt showcasing those pretty Dutch fabrics is sweet....love the tulip quilting. Your baby grand's quilt is beautiful, too. What a treasure for him to have as he grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful quilts...I think I know where the Dutch fabrics came from - what a great use of them. And the grandie quilt is gorgeous too - such cool blocks you chose to put in it and I can sense how much love was sewn and quilted into it. Hugs from New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete