Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Spring Recap - Quilts and Other Things!

Hello my friends! I really can’t believe it has been nearly 8 months since I posted!! Oh my oh my! This year has flown by! My grandmother always told me “The older you get the faster times goes!” And now that I am a grandmother I totally understand!!

On the quilty front, the first few months of the year I assisted a dear friend in making quilts for the Godly Impressions preschool graduating class. There were 14 students this year, and she was in need of some “boy” quilts. So between her stash and mine, I put together four for her. There were a couple of hitches that caused me some delays: 1) my friend donated the batting for the quilts and it was low loft poly - struggled with it as it doesn’t spray baste best very well!! And I do all my FMQ on my DSM! But I perservered and finished! ( But I won’t ever use that type of batting again!!) 😳😳😳 And 2) Some time in March I injured my shoulder, not enough to go to the doctor, but enough that I had to rest it from several activities! i.e. quilting, even hand work irritated the injury, saddling my horse, lifting items above my head etc. Such a bother!! I’m glad to say I’m almost 100% now! 

Here are the boy quilts I made! They measure approximately 55” x 65”. 








Hope this finds each of you immersed in the things that fulfill you! I know I am sooooo grateful for my blessed life!!

Blessings and hugs!


5 comments:

  1. I truly believe that time does travel faster the older we get. I wish we could slow things down once in a while. I love all four quilts that you have made. Perfect for boys or maybe even some Country Girls at Heart. I think I like the plaid one on the second picture; but really I like them all. How kind of you to make and donate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost sent you a message the other day to ask if you were OK and then I got side tracked!! Glad to hear all is well and that you have been busy.
    The days and years have definitely speeded up since I was a child..... 😉Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to land back in your lovely ranch, Doniene! Time does go by quicker than quick at our age, doesn't it. Glad your shoulder is better. As for your boy quilts; they are fabulous. How very kind of you to stitch them for the boys. As always 'tis lovely to see what you are up to. Hope you are enjoying a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Doniene, your quilts are just beautiful that you made for the boys, and so kind of you to do so. I'm so sorry that you had shoulder issues, but I'm glad that you're almost 100% better.
    Thank you for your visit to my blog. Happy October to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your shoulder Doniene - they really are a painful thing to injure when you're a busy active person...so glad it's healing. The quilts you managed to 'whip up' for the boys are gorgeous - well done on a mammoth effort (I have one baby quilt that is taking me forever to get quilted!!)

    ReplyDelete